- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
KOJAIN Sammelan - 2016
KOJAIN is pleased to announce that 8th KOJAIN Sammelan will be hosted by team from New Jersey, Delaware and Eastern Pennsylvania.
Sammelan will take place during Jul 15 - 17, 2016 in New Jersey. Kindly mark your calendar and do not miss out to experience sweet memories of 2016 Sammelan.
2015 KOJAIN Election For Officers and 11 Regional Directors
Dear Fellow Kachchhi Oswals,
Pranam… Jai Jinendra…
KOJAIN's Constitution & Bylaws [Article VIII], available at www.kojain.org [Tab: About Us > KOJAIN Policies and Procedures] requires KOJAIN to hold an election every other year. It is very important to have a very strong organization with dedicated, committed and enthusiastic leaders.
KOJAIN is inviting you to volunteer your time, skills and talents to commit and dedicate for the good cause and to serve our community. Volunteering in an organization, such as ours, is a stepping stone to develop your leadership skills, which can be applied easily into your professional career.
Nominations are invited for Four Officers (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer), 11 Regional Directors. General duties and responsibilities of Officers and Regional Directors are shown below:
1) President: Takes charge and provides vision and overall coordination; Holds and presides over Board meetings and General Membership meetings; Assures constitutional requirements (including elections) are being met; Assures policies and procedures are in place and are being met.
2) Vice President: Acts in the absence of President; Provides Public Relations functions; Interfaces with Committees and Members; Promotes goals of KOJAIN; Helps in other duties such as Newsletters and Minutes of the Meetings; Keeps records of historical documents.
3) Secretary: Maintains and updates membership Database; Maintains and updates KOJAIN Website; Arranges teleconference meetings and sends out notices to the Board members; Invites newsworthy items from members, prepares newsletter and uploads to KOJAIN's website.
4) Treasurer: Provides prompt acknowledgement to the donors; Keeps full documentation on income and expenses of KOJAIN; Prepares quarterly and annual financial reports for tax return purposes; Prepares financial reports / statements for meetings; Keeps track of loan refunds; Assists in fund raising; Deposits funds in accounts, disburses authorized funds;
5) Regional Directors: -Participate in the teleconference, policy making, set goals and objectives in line with mission and activities; Keep in touch with the members in the region and communicate with them frequently; Encourage non-members to become members, preferably Life Members; Be visible in maintaining personal touch either through teleconferences, e-mail or face-to-face meetings; Provide Link between KOJAIN and the members.
A letter from the Election Committee (EC) and the Nomination Form are given in this Newsletter. 2015 Election Committee (EC) Members are:
Hasmukh Shah (Chair) email@example.com
Ram Gada firstname.lastname@example.org
Manilal Savla email@example.com
Rajesh Shethia firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashok Savla email@example.com
Please come forward and make KOJAIN stronger and move forward with your commitments, dedication and enthusiasm. Election Committee is hoping to receive at least one nomination for each of the open positions.
REMEMBER NOMINATION DEADLINE OF SEPT 28, 2015
Please contact Hasmukh Shah, Chair Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org any question or clarification.
Reference: CONSTITUTION & BY-LAWS OF THE KACHCHHI OSWAL JAIN ASSOCIATION OF NORTH AMERICA, INC, available at http://www.kojain.org/. Open Tab ‘About Us’, click on ‘KOJAIN Policies and Procedures’.
Thank you, all