- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
KOJAIN Merit Scholarship Program - 2014
KOJAIN is soliciting candidates for the 2014 Merit Scholarships. Eligibility Criteria and requirements are listed below.
Please note: Provide your email address on the application. Application receipt will be sent to this email add. All materials submitted with the application will become the property of KOJAIN and will not be returned under any circumstances. If needed, make a copy of the information for yourself before mailing. Maximum of five (5) Scholarship of up to $1,500 will be awarded. Applicant will be notified of Judges’ decision by the 3rd week of September 2014.
Winners will appear on the website at kojain.org and will be published in the December in KOJAIN newsletter.
The Scholarship program is administered by the scholarship committee appointed by the KOJAIN Board of Directors and is made possible by KOJAIN members’ tax-deductible contribution to the KOJAIN scholarship fund.
High School seniors planning to attend an accredited college full-time in the fall of 2014. Whose parents are KOJAIN Life Members. Grade point average of at 3.0 or above on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
Your package must contain the following Documents:
1. A 4-year high school transcript, including the 2011-2014 school year. Photocopies are acceptable. If mailed by the school, the transcript must still be post-marked by deadline given elsewhere.
2. Please send copies of American College Testing (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Testing (SAT), or any other entrance examination scores.
3. One written recommendation and character reference from a teacher, counselor, friend, or a KOJAIN member (not related to applicant). Recommendation must be submitted with the application package.
4. Please list any awards and/or extracurricular services and activities on separate pages with brief description (not to exceed two pages). Please provide enough information so that the selection committee will understand the nature of your services and activities.
5. Two passport size photographs (Name written on the back).
6. Essay on one of the Topic. List of topics is given below.
Write an essay in which you develop your point of view on any one of the topics presented below. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your readings, studies, experience, or observations. The typed (double-spaced) essay must be at least 1000 words but, must not exceed 1200 words in Times New Roman Font, 12 point.
1. Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you and explain that influence.
2. How has your KOJAIN family background affected the way you see the world?
3. We learn from our failures and success. What is something you gained from your unsuccessful experience?
WHOM TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION:
All of the above materials (except transcript, if necessary) and two-passport size photographs (your name on the back) must be mailed in same 9" by 12" (or larger) envelope, postmarked no later than July 21, 2014 to: Dinesh Chheda 14 Paris Place, Parsippany, NJ 07054. DO NOT FOLD MATERIALS. DO NOT USE STAPLES OR PAPER CLIPS. Alternatively you or your school can e-mail all documents in .pdf format to both of the following addresses: email@example.com